Author Topic: Rear Projection Screens  (Read 3370 times)

Offline Zakolyte

• That Game Show Guy!
Rear Projection Screens
« on: August 17, 2015, 06:56:30 AM »
Hello everyone,

I might be WAY late in getting on board regarding rear projected screens...but I think I need to come into the present.

Need to know who is using what and what should I be looking for in regards to a screen.  Also, what is gain, can someone explain what that is in laymans terms?

Thank you!

Zak
TGSG

Offline Thomas Dorsher

• Administrator
    • DigiGames, Inc.
Re: Rear Projection Screens
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 10:01:27 AM »
I have much experience in both frontal and rear projection screens.  After years of experimentation it is far better to use a short-throw projector in close proximity to a frontal projector screen.

Offline Zakolyte

• That Game Show Guy!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 06:03:34 PM »
Hello Tom, Thank you for the reply,

Does this include using projectors with High Lumens?  I managed to get a 4300 BenQ projector for under 450.00USD!

Can you please elaborate on some of the draw backs?  I find the Front Projection is highly distracting.

Zak

Offline Thomas Dorsher

• Administrator
    • DigiGames, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 04:28:13 AM »
Great price on that.  I am exclusively partial to BenQ projectors.  There is no other projector I like as much as a BenQ short-throw.  I don't know of any drawbacks.

I don't find frontal projection distracting at all, but that's just a matter of preference, I suppose.  Put your projector on a tripod and you can still look classy with frontal projection.