Author Topic: Schools, Schools, Schools... What more can I say!!!  (Read 3565 times)

Offline F.King

Schools, Schools, Schools... What more can I say!!!
« on: March 03, 2012, 09:46:43 PM »
My biggest challenge was finding that niche or one direction on where to promote the trivia services. Well, I do belive I found it!

About six months ago I attended a PTO meeting for my daughters elementary school. They are always looking for new ways to bring the kids and familys in to the school for family type events as a way to raise money for the PTO and do even more for the kids. So, I proposed a "Family Game Night" event, where they could serve food and have representatives from each grade team together to answer questions, or have the teachers compete against the parents, etc.

Needless to say they LOVED the idea!!! The teachers loved it because it's a way to show off what the children have learned (mind you they're making up the questions!). The parents loved it beacuse they get to see their child on stage answering questions (almost had the feel of a national spelling bee or school team event) and the kids loved it beacuse they won prizes for competing (not to mention they get to show off how smart they are!).

The prizes come from the PTO and are arranged through the school... free dress-down days... no homework day... etc. Your pay could either be done directly or even written off a volunteer work at the school!

It's a great way to help the school raise money, and an amazing way to get your name out there for anything from birthday parties to corporate events! It's built-in advertizing and the return is incredible! Once it catches on, all the schools in the area (or PTO members) will be calling you to give them the same performance!

The questions are all based on what the children know. I used questions from the teachers and the Trivial Pursuit Juniors editions... as well as some websites that my daughter uses for her schoolwork. I used categories like "Math", "Language Arts", "Science", "Social Studies", "History" and even a "Wild Card" (which were questions about the school... like "You should never ______ in the halls."

It's a ton of fun just listening to the answers that some of the kids come up with... Give it a try and see where it goes! You won't regret it!!!

Offline Thomas Dorsher

• Administrator
    • DigiGames, Inc.
Re: Schools, Schools, Schools... What more can I say!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 02:41:29 PM »
Great work.  Schools are a big source of revenue for many entertainers.  I have found great success working with the actual school district to do a show where multiple schools come together for a trivia show-down.